I wish we could have this kind of culture: a golden afternoon, tea in proper nice cups and teapot, with hours of books in front of you…
Gregg shorthand is pleasantly cursive, aesthetically pleasing and nice to write.
Trying to learn this now….
I think I love labs. The nice kind with loads of equipment and endless wardrobes. In fact there should be a kind of magical playground for scientists etc., where supplies never run out and biohazard waste bins autoclave themselves and has plentiful sources of natural light and food just outside! I would LIVE in such a place.
- unlimited supply of things like sterile tubes (for serial dilutions?)
- pipette tips which don’t get stuck in their boxes would be nice too
- food nearby
- loads of wardrobes
- fridges with cool fridge magnets
- autoclaves which DON’T take forever to start up
- plenty of bench space so you don’t need to stack things up
- micropipette racks
- auto-autoclaving waste bins?
- nice microscopes (in Sherlock, the microscopes are just SO PRETTY.)
Basically I’m just really lazy.
One pairing NO ONE THINKS OF: Sherlockxmicroscope! ZOMG they have an amazing array of pretty lab equipment and glassware in that show blllzzsxcz.
What better way to break my drawing drought than with an ink sketch of Benedict Cumberbatch’s Sherlock? I always loved the lighting in this shot: the highlights and the shadows were such a delight. Will continue working on the hair and the rest of the body (although the arms are already a bit weird.)