I remember memorising my science presentation script using my bedroom furniture. My negligible spatial imagination did not help things.
The key to memorizing is raising your awareness towards what you want to memorize.
If you want to memorize text, visualize its content as brilliantly as you can. See it, feel it, taste it, smell it, hear it. Gather it with all your senses. Then memorize that sensation.
The same principle works for everything:
- when I memorize text, I visualize it and feel its content
- when I memorize music, I feel the color and feeling of the notes
- when I memorize details, I pay attention to everything about it in order to give a more complete nature.
memorize by giving the content life.
In school we get taught a different technique: to repeat over and over again.
This has several huge deficits:
- It takes a damn lot of time
- Your skill won’t improve because you are not using a real technique. Instead you are registering a series of…
View original post 86 more words